Tuesday, November 12, 2013

“Don't judge yourself by what others did to you.” ― C. Kennedy

Wow!  It's been almost a year since I have written.  I can come up with a list to help justify the length of time, but why?  Life is busy and chaotic for anyone who is living.  But what is boils down to is I have been trying to live each day without my past being the present.  The past several years have been ridiculously difficult.  And no doubt my soul needed a break from it all.  But I have tried, and many times succeeded feeling like I am.....normal.

Normal?  What is normal?  Sadly, the more I talk with people, the more I read, being sexually abused is so common.  Way too common.  Normal?  Hell No!  But, I can see how it's possible to feel abnormal by not having sexual abuse part of your life.  Either you are a victim, or you know someone who is or has been.  Am I not right?  This world is so full of abuse.  It's sickening how many people I can think of right this very minute that have gone through the same pain and fear I've experienced.  Sure, I feel victorious most of the time.  But this shit is always a part of you.  I have always felt so lucky for the wonderful supportive people I have in my life.  I am surrounded by people who love me and who truly care about me.

40 years of life is quickly approaching for me.  Am I scared? A little bit.  I look in the mirror and I no longer see the 25 year old version of me. It kinda sucks!  But on a more positive note, I'm still here, making good memories!
     

2 comments:

  1. Love you aunt wendy.. you are such an inspirationto me and so many others.. thanks for sharing what has been the most difficult thing in your life but you will never know how many people you have helped.. keep your chin up..

    ReplyDelete