Tuesday, February 22, 2011

UGH!!! UGH!!! UGH!!!

Some days just have to happen. And, sometimes you just need to say it like it is.  Not worried about having a well written post tonight.

It all started yesterday.  My youngest daughter was chatting with me, and told me she had run into my dad's brother at Costco.  As you can imagine, the feeling I got in my gut was awful.  I asked her some questions, trying to figure out who it was.  She couldn't remember anything other than he said he was my uncle.  So, I let myself get all worked up in fear it was him.  Well, come to find out (through her dad) it was him.  The rage I have felt since this news has been very disturbing.  Over and over I have asked myself how could this have happened.  I'm not doing my job.....protecting my children.  What right does he think he has to talk to them.  To even look at them.  Yeah, I want to do something crazy.  Restraining order.  Threatening visit from me.  Ugh...I feel helpless right now!  How do I get out of this space?  I know I need to move forward with this.  I know it's going to entail a confrontation.  Can I handle it? Can I control the anger I feel right now?  Probably not.  I guess that's why I'm sitting here on my couch rather than in the car heading to his house.  I can't feel like I am doing nothing about it.  I can't live with the fear that this might happen again.  I need to be assured that this will NEVER happen again!  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment